Less processed then common rolled oats, oat groats, the inner most part of the oat kernel, are nutty, chewy and golden in color and resemble small rice pieces.
Oat Groats are the inner most part of the oat kernel. Our Oat Groats are steel cut, meaning they have not been steamed, flattened or toasted. This minimal degree of processing means that they digest more slowly than common rolled oats, giving them a lower glycemic index and making them better suited for those with blood sugar issues. Features
- Golden in color, and resemble small rice pieces
- Nuttier flavor and chewier texture than rolled oats
- Longer cooking time than rolled oats, due to less processing
- A delicious and healthy bowl of oatmeal
- Enhance with brown sugar, maple syrup, raisins or other dried or fresh fruit and nuts
- Add a small amount of cooked steel-cut oat groats to muffin, quickbread or pancake batter for additional texture and fiber
Storage & Handling
- Bring 4 cups water to a boil and slowly stir in 1 cup Oat Groats. Bring back to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 20 to 30 minutes, depending on desired texture and consistency.
- Store in a dry, cool place.
- Capacity: 10 lbs
- Weight: 11 lbs